Terms & Conditions
By registering to become a member of the Kipling.Me membership program (or the "Program") and by participating in the Program, you (i) represent that you are 18 years of age or older and (ii) agree to the following Program Terms and Conditions (these "Terms"). The Kipling.Me membership Program is sponsored by Kipling®, a division of VF Europe
1. Kipling.Me membership Overview
When you join the Program, it allows you to earn ‘Smile Points’ on your purchases made at selected Kipling stores, selected Kipling Outlet stores and the Kipling website (www.kipling.com). You may also earn ‘Smile Points’ by participating in certain special activities or campaigns announced by Kipling® from time to time.
2. Member Benefits
The Kipling.Me program has lots of benefits.
- Free membership: everyone with the minimum age of 18 can participate in the program for free (offline and online).
- Welcome gift voucher: when signing up for the program, members are rewarded with a 10% discount voucher, which can be used for the next purchase. The Welcome gift voucher will be sent by email and is not valid in combination with other Kipling actions or vouchers and will be valid for 90 days.
- Birthday present: members will receive a 15% discount voucher in the month of their registered birthday. The voucher will be valid for 30 days after issuing.
- Value vouchers: members are able to save points for a value voucher. When buying Kipling items in the selected stores or online you receive 10 (ten) happy points for every euro (1 euro) or pound (1 pound) spend. Every 1000 points on the personal membership balance, members are rewarded with a 10 (ten) euro or pound value voucher.
- Social rewards: members are not only able to save point by using the loyalty card, they will also be rewarded for other activities and their social interaction with the brand; examples can be but are not limited to: enriching customer profile, download Kipling.Me loyalty app, participation in member only marketing campaigns and interacting on the Kipling® social media pages (eg Facebook).
- More Happy presents: On top of saving Smile Points, members are – depending on their points level – randomly surprised with happy presents and invitations to exclusive events.
Not all rewards and presents are and will be communicated and included in the program communications, but will be communicated via 1 to 1 campaigns. Happy presents depend on member’s points level and will vary.
- Eligibility: You must be at least 18 years of age to become a Kipling.Me member. Employees of all VF Corporation brands and individuals receiving a discount or free product to represent a VF Corporation brand are not eligible.
- How to Join: You may register to become a Kipling.Me member in different ways:
- i. Online at www.kipling.com by creating an account or
- ii. at any of selected Kipling stores and participating Kipling Outlet stores by providing a minimum of details (like name and email address) to sign up to be a member.
After registration you will automatically receive an email confirming your personal Kipling.Me details.
Once you make the request online (www.kipling.com) or at one of the selected Kipling stores, you will be considered a Kipling.Me member and start earning Smile Points.
- Updating information: You are responsible for providing the correct personal information (eg email address) to receive Kipling information and to ensure proper accounting and receipt of Smile points. As a result, each member is responsible for maintaining accurate and updated personal information. You may update your personal information online (www.kipling.com), with the Kipling.Me app or in selected Kipling.Me stores.
4. Earning Smile Points
- When you shop in one of the selected Kipling stores or at www.kipling.com you will receive ten (10) Smile Point for every pound / euro) spent on any eligible product that is purchased (a "qualifying purchase," as further described below).
The Smile Points will be added into your Kipling.Me account when you provide at the time of purchase your personal member card in store or by shopping online with a valid and registered Kipling.Me account.
If you did not provide your membership card in store or if you did not use your online valid and registered Kipling.Me account at the time of purchase, you may call or contact Customer Care and upon verification by Customer Care of your purchase or activity and that you did not previously receive Smile points for the purchase or activity, the Smile points will be added into your personal account.
Some Smile Points rules need to be considered
- Smile points are only issued on the netto transactional amount: so, discounted products are rewarded with Smile Points after deduction of the discount amount.
- Smile Points can only be redeemed by a value voucher issued by Kipling.
- Collected Smile points stay valid under the condition a member has generated at least 1 positive purchase transaction in a period of 12 months. If not, the member’s point balance will be blanked after that period.
- Qualifying purchases include regular and sale priced merchandise in selected Kipling Stores, participating Kipling Outlet Stores and online at www.kipling.com with the exception of Sample Sale items.
Sample Sale items are excluded from Kipling.Me Rewards and Smile Points are not earned for purchases of such items. No Smile Points are earned when purchasing Gift Cards or eGift Cards from Kipling, but you do earn Smile Points when redeeming a Gift Card or an eGift Card at selected Kipling Stores, participating Kipling Outlet Stores or online at www.kipling.com. In addition, no Smile Points are earned for payment of sales tax, gift boxes or wrapping, or for shipping and handling costs.
- Smile Points may also be earned for participation in certain activities designated and announced by Kipling. Example activities could include: connecting with Kipling on social media, updating our profile with extra requested information. Kipling.Me members may also be able to earn extra Smile Points for making purchases of designated products or during a designated time as determined and announced by Kipling. Kipling reserves the right to make extra Smile Points and other promotional offers available to select members based on purchase activity, geographic location, program participation, and/or information supplied by the member. Kipling reserves the right to add, withdraw, amend, or otherwise change extra opportunities at any time at its sole discretion, with or without notice to members.
- The Smile Points you have earned through a purchase (including extra Smile Points for designated products, if applicable), will be netted from your overall Smile Points total if the item/merchandise is returned. Returns of merchandise purchased will be deducted from the member's Smile Points balance. Negative Smile Point balances never expire. Smile Points have no cash value. You cannot give or transfer your Smile Points to anyone else.
5. Redeeming Smile points
When a Kipling.Me member has collected 1000 points, she/he is entitled to receive a value voucher of 10 (ten) euro or pound. The most important specifications are stated below:
- Value vouchers have a validity of 90 days after issuance date (birthday discount vouchers, however, have a validity of 30 days after issuance date).
- Value vouchers can only be redeemed on a purchase with a minimum spend of 50 euro or pound.
- Minimum required registration is a condition to receive and redeem Kipling Smile Points and so also value vouchers, welcome gift vouchers and birthday discount vouchers.
- Value vouchers, welcome gift vouchers and birthday discount vouchers are issued to the member via e-mail, direct mail or the mobile app.
- Value vouchers, welcome gift vouchers and birthday discount vouchers are personal and can only be redeemed in selected Kipling stores and/or selected Kipling outlet stores in stores in combination with your loyalty member card and online (at www.kipling.com) with the Kipling.Me app or by using your Kipling.Me online account.
- Value vouchers can only be redeemed in selected Kipling stores, selected Kipling outlet stores and at www.kipling.com.
- Value vouchers, welcome gift vouchers and birthday discount vouchers can only be redeemed on Kipling products.
- The 10% welcome gift or 15% birthday voucher is not valid in combination with value vouchers or other actions, nor are the 10% welcome gift voucher and the 15% birthday voucher valid in combination.
- The kipling.com webshop only allows Kipling.Me members to redeem one Kipling voucher per transaction.
- Each value voucher, welcome gift voucher and birthday voucher contains a unique barcode that is linked with a Kipling.Me member. This unique barcode must either be scanned in store or must be entered in the online checkout process .
- When the value voucher is issued, the member’s point balance is recalculated; 1.000 (one thousand) Smile points (or more in case of multiples value vouchers) are deducted from the account.
- Kipling® Friend members can receive multiple value vouchers with a maximum of 6 vouchers per year.
- The 10 € / £ 10 voucher will be sent, one per month via your personal e-mailadres. E.g. when you have 3000 + smile points on your member card, you will receive 1 voucher per month, the upcoming 3 months: month 1 you will receive voucher number 1; month 2 you will receive voucher number 2; month 3 you will receive voucher number 3.
- When a value voucher has not been used within the period of 90 days, the points and the value voucher will be lost.
- When a member returns a product that has been paid partly with a value voucher, welcome gift voucher or birthday voucher, the value voucher will be lost.
6. Email and mail Privacy
- By registering for the Program, you agree to receive transactional (e)mails and promotional (e)mail offers and updates from the Kipling.Me Program and from Kipling®. As a benefit and condition of online enrollment in or registration for the Program, Kipling.Me members will be sent by email or mail information about the Kipling.Me loyalty program, program updates, and other related materials at the discretion of Kipling. members may not unsubscribe from transactional emails of the Program, but can cancel their membership in the Program as described below in the General Terms. members may unsubscribe from Kipling promotional emails at any time via the unsubscribe link in those emails.
7. General Terms of the Kipling.Me Program
- membership in the Kipling.Me loyalty program and its benefits are offered at the discretion of Kipling, which reserves the right to terminate, change, limit, modify, or cancel any Program rules, regulations, benefits, or conditions of participation at any time.
- If Kipling changes or modifies these general terms (the "Terms"), it will provide notice of any changes through these terms online and in store. Electing to remain a Kipling.Me Member after a change in the Terms constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms. The revisions to the Program that Kipling may make include any of the following changes: (i) increase or decrease the number of Smile Points earned on a Qualifying Purchase; (ii) increase the number of Smile Points required to earn a reward or reward voucher (iii) change the method of becoming a Kipling.Me Mmember; (iv) institute or add blackout dates for earning Smiles Points.
- These Terms are void where and to the extent prohibited by law.
- In the event of a dispute over ownership of a Kipling.Me account, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of registration. For purposes of these Terms, the "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Abuse of the Program, including failure to abide by these Terms, the sale or barter (or the attempted sale or barter) of Reward vouchers and/or other rewards, Smile Points, promotional offers, and any misrepresentation of fact relating the reto or other improper conduct as determined by Kipling in its sole judgment may result in cancellation of a mMember's account and future disqualification from Program participation, forfeiture of all Smile Points accrued, and cancellation of previously issued but unused rReward or gift vouchers. At our discretion we Kipling may – at its sole discretion – prosecute abuse of the Program to the fullest extent of the law.
- You may cancel your Kipling.Me membership at anytime by contacting our Kipling's Customer Care. If you cancel your Kipling.Me membership, your accrued Smile Points will be forfeited.
- Smile Points are not transferable and may not be combined among Kipling.Me members or conveyed by any means to anyone, including through a Kipling.Me Mmember's estate, and may not pass to a Kipling.Me Mmember's successors and/or assignees. Accrued Smile Points do not constitute property of the Kipling.Me Mmember. Accrued Smile Points are not transferable by the Kipling.Me Mmember upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise.
- By agreeing to participate in the Kipling.Me Program, you release VF Europe, its parent and subsidiaries and affiliate entities, and their respective, directors, officers, employees and agents (the "Released Parties") from all liability with respect to the misdirection or misuse of any Smile Points. You further agree through your agreement to participate in the Program to release the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and other expenses (including, without limitation, attorney's fees) relating to your participation in the Kipling.Me Program, use of rReward cCertificates and vouchers, use of products or experiences, or agreement to these Terms.
- The Released Parties make no warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to Kipling.Me the Program, membership in the Kipling.Me Program, or any products or services related to the Kipling.Me Program.
- The Kipling.Me Program and these Terms will be governed by and construed under the substantive laws Belgium, without reference to conflict-of-laws considerations. Any claims must be raised and resolved in the federal or state courts located in Belgium, Europe.
- The Kipling logo, Kipling.Me Program logo, and other logos and taglines are the intellectual property of Kipling.